Sunday 5 June 2011

Communicative Skills

Beginning this semester, I did not have many skills, so I started the course like a beginner. However, I feel that my skills improved because we got many practice and tasks.

The first task was about semi-formal presentation. Because it was the first presentation for a lot of students, our teacher, Mr. Gregory prepared for us some videos about how we can do a good presentation, and that helped us. The first presentation was a good start, I trained before it and I recorded my practice by the video. After that, I saw it with my teacher and he gave me some important tips. However, when I did my presentation I did some mistakes. For example, my voice was not loud enough; also I had some confusion. However, after that we had the formal presentation. There were some challenges about that, but the biggest one is that how I can fix my mistakes in the last presentation and do better in the formal presentation. So I review my video of the first presentation and my teacher tips. Then I practiced to solve my mistakes to be ready for the presentation and I focus on the voice and how I can present front of the classroom, so I did better than the semi-formal.

Overall, my skills improved after these tasks such as in the next presentation I can talk by voice everybody in the classroom can hear it. Also I have good eye contact with the whole classroom and I can move my hands with what I need to say during the presentation. However, in the future I will do a lot of practice that will help me to present front of the people without stress.


                                            
                                                                




1 comment:

  1. Good comments and visuals! see how they add to the message.. - glad that you learned something from the class!

    Gregory

    ReplyDelete